Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Not Cool

So it happened....................

I failed my glucose test!!!!  Worst part = the cutoff is 135 and what do you think I got??? 135!

Don't worry I sat and cried in self pity yesterday, so today is a better day.  I just thought about how unfair it is and how I am going to refuse the 3 hour test because this is ridiculous, but then I realize I may not be thinking clearly.

If I was at the cutoff I "should" pass the 3 hour test and won't it be nice to say I legitimately passed rather than I refused? And if I don't pass, I guess there is a reason and I need to make sure baby girl is healthy.

The doctor herself called me yesterday, which I need to give the practice credit for.  How can you be mad when they take the time out of their day to personally call you instead of having a nurse who you never met do it.  The nurse is calling me today to schedule the appointment, but she said she wanted to give me the news.  I guess they get points for that. Needless to say I was not the nicest to her on the phone. I hope she understands.

It's also a little frustrating that all doctors have different limits. Just give us 1 universal limit so I can't go, "but I would have passed under this doctor's rules!"

Whatever, enough complaining for the day.  Worst part is I already used up my shopping therapy to take care of the fact that I ripped my favorite maternity jeans while pulling them up.  They are still wearable, but only with really long shirts (like I wear belly shirts these days).

Anyway, looks like I'm just going to have to suck this one up.  That wasn't happening yesterday, but today is a new day.  What can you do right? Positive thoughts bring positive results!

We'll see! :)

This blog also helped me feel better:
http://www.dailygarnish.com/2011/07/failing-my-gestational-diabetes-test.html

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...