Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Anatomy Scan #2

I knew that happened for a reason.

Anatomy Scan #2 was a success and one of the best experiences so far.  We went to an actual baby ultrasound place so that is all they focus on and it's obvious.  The woman who did my scan was amazing and so nice and pointed out everything.  There was even a separate TV for me to see all the pics at an easy angle.

Only hiccup in the situation was a crazy traffic jam, which caused Chris to miss most of it.  It was sad to be sitting in the waiting room watching some significant others obviously forced to be there and not wanting to be there,  when my DH wanted so badly to be there and he just couldn't get there on time due to unforeseen circumstances. Fortunately with a little smooth talking and lots of kissing up the nurse took extra long and waited until Chris could get there so he could get to see some of the magic too.

It's definitely 100% a girl now (thank goodness) and we got to see her in 3D, which made me cry because you could see her face. She looks like a little person in there.  I can't wait for her to come out so I can hold her and tell her how much I am in love with her already.  After Dr. came in he gave us the green light on everything. I do realize nothing is 100%, but he said spine looks good, brain looks good, lips look good (reason for 2nd scan). All signs point to a healthy baby girl with him.  He asked the name and we told him and he said his niece has the same name and she's perfect and it was a good name.  I'll take that as a good sign. :)

Baby is still measuring a week ahead and is officially 1 lb. 2 oz right now.  I saw her little feet and her hands and everything and it was just the best feeling in the world.  I wish I could get one of those every week! Here she is......



She's amazing already.  Mommy and Daddy are very happy to have a little princess in a few short months and will spoil her rotten, but we're ok with that.

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...