Monday, April 28, 2014

17 Weeks

How far along: 17 weeks 2 day
Total weight gain/loss: 3 - 5 lbs
Maternity clothes: Wearing maternity clothes. Also just bought 2 new bathing suits for summer and two pairs of maternity shorts. (scary)
Sleep: Sleep isn't too bad if Emma sleeps well. I'm sure all you mommies and daddies can understand that. I haven't been waking up to specifically pee lately, but if I wake up for any reason or stand up, I MUST PEE!
Best moment this week: At this time with the last baby we were getting ready to go to riviera maya!  This time around I could use another vaca!
Movement: I can feel the little bubble moving around in there every now and again.  I'm excited for outside belly movements, but I know I'll be rethinking that as I get jabbed in the ribs in a few months.
Food cravings: I wish!  Nothing sounds good most days.
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out: innie.
What I miss: Wine to help me relax after a stressful day!
What I am looking forward to: Feeling baby move on the outside and FINDING OUT THE GENDER!
Weekly Wisdom: Relax and Enjoy! as always :)

Internet Info: Try not to get freaked out by the numbers on your scale. At 17 weeks, baby’s working on getting stronger, and your body’s working on getting bigger. That means putting on some pounds and -- we hate to break it to you -- getting some stretch marks. Make sure you document your growing bump by taking lots of photos. Sure, you might not always feel so pretty, but one day you’re going to look back at pregnancy and reminisce (really -- we promise). You’ll also want to start figuring out some plans, like whether or not you’re going to find out baby’s gender (you should be able to soon!), and what kind of childbirth class you’d like to take. As you start making these decisions, the pregnancy will feel even more real, which is probably super exciting, but part of you is probably feeling a little nervous. After all, you’re at week 17; that’s almost halfway there and there’s still a lot left to do. Chill! You’ll get it done. Just remember not to try to do it all yourself -- ask for help!



your baby's the size of an onion!
Baby continues to beef up. Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.

Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.

I did take a pic of my belly at 16 weeks, but for some reason I can't see it when I try to download photos.  Instead here are some of my little jelly bean. :)



No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...