Friday, November 30, 2012

20 Week Appointment


So just had my 20 week appointment yesterday.  I must say this whole pregnancy thing is really a roller coaster of emotions.  (mostly good one I might add).  Every time the phone rings and it's the doctor you wonder, WHY ARE THEY CALLING ME? and yes you wonder in capital letters.

How far along: 19 weeks 5 day
Total weight gain/loss: 12  lbs - yes I was weighed yesterday. You like my earlier estimation? Yeah, that means 9 lbs. in 4 WEEKS! Although my Dr. was AMAZING as usual and she said baby is growing at the perfect rate and I am growing at the perfect rate, I still think I should slow that rate down.  I blame Mexico.  Maybe you aren't supposed to have dessert after EVERY meal??? It was fun while it lasted, but back to reality now.
Maternity clothes: Wearing them proudly.  My bigger bras aren't so big on me anymore though.  I may have to go up another size after this is all said and done.  We'll see.
Sleep:  I am happy to announce that sleep is still great! I give credit to my borrowed Snoogle.  Although last night I did wake up at 3am to pee. First time in a while, we'll see if this is the restart of something annoying.  I even made the mistake of trying to hold it for a while, why do we think we can do that? 
Best moment this week: Hearing baby kicking and moving around at our 20 week appointment and CRIB CAME IN! When you order furniture it can take 1 week or 12 weeks, you never know! So Crib and Dresser are in, hopefully picking up the crib tomorrow, because we got the dresser home, but it was tricky and it's stuck in the garage, becuase I obviously can't lift it. The crib didn't fit in the car. Julie - if you're reading this you will be getting a call from us to borrow Matt's super huge muscles :) and hopefully semi bigger car so we can get everything upstairs 
Movement: Definitely feeling her on the inside, but nothing on the outside yet.  Hopefully sooner rather than later, but DR. said probably not for another 4 to 6 weeks.  
Food cravings: SPICY STUFF, milk and pickles
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out: innie, but I did notice it isn't as deep as it used to be, hahaha (gross)
What I miss: Wine to help me relax after a stressful day!
What I am looking forward to: Outside Baby Movements
Weekly Wisdom:  Relax and Enjoy! as always :)

So we had our Anatomy Scan as you know and I did get one of those dreadful calls afterwards and it's only dreadful because when they call you think "WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME" as I stated before.  Well apparently they didn't get a good look at her face and they have to rule out cleft lip and any other things with the face. I take this as a Godsend because I very very much disliked my scan lady. She was curt and cold and just said the wrong things.  I even told my Dr. some of the things that happened and Dr. agreed with me :) So I'm going to a different place and hopefully will have a different person and a different experience.  Also great to see baby again in 2 weeks :)

Another note.  So went to dentist yesterday and in the elevator a man stood across from me and said "when are you due?" with a smile on his face. I immediately started beeming. No one noticed before. No one asked. This was my first time for a stranger :) YAY YAY (or so I thought). I reply "i'm due in April.  I'm halfway" he then replies "You're kinda big aren't ya?" ENTER WORLD SHATTERING FEELING. Really? People really say this? So surprisingly I find the words to speak and I say "You're kinda rude aren't ya?"  He then shuffles uncomfortably and says "Oh I didnt mean it that way".  Fortunately elevator opens, I give him the evilest eye I can gather up and I walk away.  Unfortuantely we then both walk into the dentist office.  I sit and begin texting my mother and DH this horrible story and he sits there until the person he is picking up comes out and he leaves.  I can only hope time #2 is better.  Seems to me these big things in pregnancy need do overs.  Anatomy Scan and When ya due question prove that so far.  Hopefully 2nd times a Charm.

Note #3 - We had our hospital tour last night.  I was probably the least along.  One girl is due MONDAY!  there were about 12 of us (6 preggos and 6 significant others) It was a great time.  Everyone asked lots of questions. Even DH asked one, which was a total happy surprise that he got into it.  It was also very very exciting and a little scary because it was definitley getting real.  And if I do say so myself, I looked tiny compared to some of those girls so THERE! 

Until next time.

Tracey :)

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...