Wednesday, November 14, 2012

17 Weeks


How far along: 17 weeks 3 day
Total weight gain/loss: 3 - 5 lbs
Maternity clothes: Wearing maternity clothes because they are just more comfortable.  Still wearing regular shirts just as much though and regular sweatpants too.
Sleep: A very good friend of mine loaned me her Snoogle. I bought my own cover for it and I LOVE IT! Thank you LINDSAY KLEIN! I feel like I'm in a cocoon at night that makes me feel nice. I also don't need any other pillow but that one instead of the 4 I was using. Now if only I could fit it in my carry on for work trips :)
Best moment this week: Will come tomorrow when I board my flight to RIVIERA MAYA!
Movement: Well, I can't say for sure, but i definitely THINK I felt it. Last night when I got back to the hotel room there were definitely lots of "bubble" like "popcorn popping" like movements when I laid down for the night. It wasn't other things like upset stomach or gas or hunger. So who knows. We'll see if the feelings get stronger!
Food cravings: SPICY STUFF. I've been eating lots of hot peppers/jalapenos, probably a good time to head to Mexico 
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out: innie.
What I miss: Wine to help me relax after a stressful day!
What I am looking forward to: Feeling baby move for sure and on the outside and FINDING OUT THE GENDER!
Weekly Wisdom:  Relax and Enjoy! as always :)

Internet Info: Try not to get freaked out by the numbers on your scale. At 17 weeks, baby’s working on getting stronger, and your body’s working on getting bigger. That means putting on some pounds and -- we hate to break it to you -- getting some stretch marks. Make sure you document your growing bump by taking lots of photos. Sure, you might not always feel so pretty, but one day you’re going to look back at pregnancy and reminisce (really -- we promise). You’ll also want to start figuring out some plans, like whether or not you’re going to find out baby’s gender (you should be able to soon!), and what kind of childbirth class you’d like to take. As you start making these decisions, the pregnancy will feel even more real, which is probably super exciting, but part of you is probably feeling a little nervous. After all, you’re at week 17; that’s almost halfway there and there’s still a lot left to do. Chill! You’ll get it done. Just remember not to try to do it all yourself -- ask for help!



your baby's the size of an onion!
Baby continues to beef up. Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.

Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...