Monday, November 5, 2012

16 Weeks


I think we can start leaving off the days in the post title.....

Today was my 16 week appointment at 8:30 am this morning.  I met with the third of the 8 doctors within the practice and he may be my favorite one yet.  I know everyone has different opinions, but my ob-gyn practice is the TOPS in my opinion and that is really the only one that matters in this particular situation! My Dr. today was so easy to talk to. He made jokes, but was serious when answering all questions.   We heard the babies heartbeat (only for a few seconds), because they swam away, but it was the first time we've heard it just using the outside doppler stick thing.  Every new stage is fun to announce, hahaha. Next appointment i'll be HALFWAY (OMG)!

How far along: 16 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 3 lbs. (was weighed today and very happy)
Maternity clothes: Wearing maternity clothes because they are just more comfortable.  Still wearing regular shirts just as much though and regular sweatpants too.
Sleep:Sleep and me are not friends right now. I love my husband dearly, but the snoring has either gotten worse orrr i've become more sensitive to it. Either way I feel bad for Chris as I hit him about 3 times a night now yelling at him to stop snoring (i'm not the nicest in the middle of the night).  I've also started to build myself a little cocoon of pillows because I'm working not laying on my back (stomach laying is already out of the question) I hope it gets better soon. 
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat of course - We also got to schedule our ANATOMY SCAN!!!! Soon enough I'll be able to replace it with he/she. (End of November)
Movement: not yet, but I hear it can start any day now so waiting impatiently
Food cravings: MILK! I also made a roasted chicken last night with Chris (one of my Julie Child recipes from her French Cooking book). it was DELICIOUS, maybe the whole chicken making me want to puke thing is over...I can only hope.
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out: innie.
What I miss: Wine to help me relax after a stressful day!
What I am looking forward to: Feeling baby move
Weekly Wisdom:  Relax and Enjoy! as always :)
Internet Info: Stay on the lookout for some fluttering sensations in your abdomen. It might not be right at 16 weeks, but pretty soon you’ll start feeling baby moving around in there. At first those moves might feel like gas or a muscle twitch, but over time, as baby gets bigger and stronger, they’ll be unmistakable. Of course, feeling those movements comes with other issues, like having your lungs crowded by your growing babe. That could make it seem tough to catch your breath from time to time. Don’t worry: There are some positive symptoms you might be having at week 16. For example, some moms-to-be find their hair and nails grow faster. (Your hair might actually look thicker and more lustrous and your skin might look radiant, too. Woo hoo!) Another cool fact? Baby’s starting to be able to hear your voice -- and she’ll recognize it at birth -- so feel free to chat her up.

your baby's the size of an avocado!
Now, she's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and she's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear her heartbeat.

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...