Monday, June 9, 2014

Birthday Fun

So 30 has no officially come and gone.  I can't say I'm happy about it, but celebrating was one of my favorite years yet.

I had mentioned that DH threw me a surprise party the weekend before my birthday.  I'm not the easiest to surprise but he pulled it off.  It was sooo soo soo much fun.  We had my favorite food (mission bbq) and a cake from the fancy cake place growing up, hahaha (bakers of buffington).  My family was there, my best friends from my childhood/adulthood and all of my closest friends in baltimore.  My mom and dad came down and babysat Emma and my nieces.  I thought we were going out to celebrate my sister and brother in laws 5th wedding anniversary, so that is how they got me out and looking presentable at the same time :)

The food was good, the drinks were plentiful (i did have about 6 o'douls, hahaha), the music was great and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.  I even got some very wonderful gifts, which I totally did not expect!  I am so lucky in life.

So then DH also surprised me with a night away at the beach for my actual birthday as well.  We packed up our little family and headed to OCMD on Friday morning.  Emma had an awful diaper rash and although it stressed me out (because we can never go anywhere with everyone being 100% healthy), but we worked through it.  God must have thought we worked threw it too easily as he threw in some clogged eye ducts (we think from sun tan lotion) while we were there.  That was a sight to see, let me tell you.  Ever see a little girl crying eye boogers?  Someone actual was like, awww why is she crying?  She wasn't,  eye boogers were just pouring out of her eyes.  yes, it's as gross as it sounds.  One of the first times I was embarrassed to have her out in public, lol.  It was so freakin GROSS!  We are still working through this as her eye ducts still seem clogged, but we "think" they are getting better.  Poor little girl.

Anyway,  back to the fun stuff.  when we entered our hotel room, we decided we were gonna stay two nights instead of one.  It was a little splurge on our part, but totally worth it. We stayed at the holiday inn on the boardwalk and they have the best kiddie pool.  Emma loved it and she loved playing in the sand just as much as she did the first time we went down to the beach.  She still isn't totally in love with the ocean, but who can blame her.

So on our way home we hit one more snag, a flat tire! Not completely flat, just going flat, and quickly, right as we were going over the bay bridge! we had to fill up the tire four times as we drove home. What a nightmare :) again though, we made it.  We made it just in time to be able to sell our first stroller to help pay for our double stroller (these things ain't cheap).  Man plans and God laughs. Well, he was having a ball yesterday.  In the end though, everything worked out perfectly.

The weather at the beach was spectacular.  We had delicious food and had an ocean front room!  It was so nice to be able to shut the door in our room to the little sitting area too so Emma had a quiet place to sleep.

So now we are home.  I'm 30.  We have our second crib ready to be put together and our second baby to get ready for. Where does the time go?  I'm coming to realize it's only getting faster.

I will say I think one of the best moments this /weekend came as DH and I sat on the porch and he asked, "so what do you want before you are 40?"  and I really couldn't think of anything because in truth, I have everything I need. Obviously I can always think of a few things, but my response was health and happiness for my children.  (didn't help when we saw Emma take a header off the couch yesterday, but I guess she has to learn somehow)

I guess that is it for now....Until Next time!
















No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...