Monday, May 19, 2014

Gender Reveal

How far along: 20 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 3 - 5  lbs, which when I looked back to pregnancy #1, I had gained 12 lbs by this time, so I'd say I'm doing better.  The cake and junk food I ate yesterday probably didn't help, but a little splurge here and there is necessary!
Sleep:  Eh...I wake up about 2-4 times a night to pee or because of restlessness.  It's not so bad though.  As long as Emma is sleeping through the night, I'll take it!
Best moment this week: Finding out were are having a....................BOY! Yes ladies and gentlemen, a little man will be added to our family.  We are beyond thrilled.  DH may be a tiny bit happier than me, but we are so excited to grow our family .
Movement: He's a mover, even more so than Emma I think. I feel him all the time.  Not a great deal on the outside yet, but definitely on the inside all day long.
Food cravings: Not really.
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out: innie, but I did notice it isn't as deep as it used to be!
What I miss: Wine to help me relax after a stressful day!
What I am looking forward to: The beach....I need a vacay.
Weekly Wisdom:  Relax and Enjoy! as always :)

It's also been very nice as I feel decisions are finally starting to be made.  We are going to order the crib after Memorial day.  Get Emma moved after 4th of July and at some point repaint the baby's room and redo a dresser I have for baby boy.  After some debate we decided Emma will keep her furniture with her, but move to a different room with a bigger window.  Hopefully she'll like that.  I know I won't be ready to move her to a toddler bed in the next 4 months, so I'm very happy with the way things are working out.  We also found a great deal on a crib/changer combo that also turns into a toddler bed and then full bed.  

On another note, people are so funny.  Already I'm getting the "so are you done now?" questions, because we are going to have 1 of each.  No one is every satisfied.  To be honest, I don't know.  If I had to guess, I would say we probably aren't done, but you never know what the future holds.  Emma made our life complete and this little boy is just adding to that completeness.  I thank God in heaven for my precious gifts and I definitely don't take them for granted.  All I can say is though, it will be a longggggggggggggg time before this lady is preggo again.  I need a break!

Until next time........Here are some pics after we bought Emma a little table and chairs (she loves it - but hasn't quite mastered getting in and out of the chair) and from our visit to PA for a family baby shower.  Emma and McKenna are going to be BFFs!!!!!!!!!!!!!









No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...