Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Summer - It's love/hate

I feel like summer is coming to an end, even though it's been over 100 degrees this past week.

It's already halfway through AUGUST!!!!

This weekend is my family weekend at the lake house...sister, brother, father, families all attending. Should be interesting??? AND FUN! I'm hoping we can do a little swimming, s'mores making, and laughing. That's really all I need.

Thursday I'm going to DINER EN BLANC in philly with my friend Devon. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!  I'm been wanting to go to this dinner for like 3 years, Google it, you'll get obsessed!

And then there is the big thing - MY BABY IS TURNING 2 NEXT MONTH!!!! WTF!

My baby  - is turning - 2!!!!! WTF!

My baby is turning 2.......wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok, moving on, party planning needs to start and DH officially thought of the perfect theme for our little monster - LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS, OH MY!

We are also trying to plan a family trip to the zoo too for his birthday. Matthew is obsessed with animals right now and Emma was only at the zoo when she was like 5 months old and she loves animals too. I have daydreams of a perfect trip to the zoo with my two perfect children having fun and being well behaved and gracious and loving it.............sure - it'll definitely be just like that ;)

On another note, I came to this inner epiphany the other day.  I've really been feeling overwhelmed this past year. I've been feeling like I can't handle everything and I've been emotionally and mentally kind of not as strong as usual. I was driving to daycare two days ago and all the sudden a light bulb went off....I though, wait a minute, my mom just died.  Then part of me was like, that doesn't have anything to do with work or home or my own emotions......................right?

Nope, probably has everything to do with everything. She was my sounding board. The person I told EVERYTHING to, the person who gave me extremely unbiased motherly advice. She called me every day and she genuinely wanted me to be happy in every aspect of my life. I am not really sure what any of this means, but maybe, just maybe, I should start giving myself a little credit and a little more time to figure it all out in this new way of life.

These next few weeks are going to be tough, but that's ok. They are also going to be awesome. Birthdays, Zoos and Dinners - OH MY!

Until next time :)






No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...