Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Back to Basics

Well Hello There!

It's been so long since I've posted and so much has happened.

My children are growing up soooo fast! Matthew is officially almost using complete sentences and every time he does, DH and I just look at each other in disbelief.  He will go "I wanna snack Mommy" or "Where daddy go?" Obviously his pronunciation needs work, but HE'S NOT EVEN 2!!!

I'm so focused on that and I think it's so funny. He's almost 2, but still only 1. I think every parent does that with their youngest at the time. Tries to keep them young forever!!!

Emma is just a little sweetheart these days too. True, she has her moments, but I feel like she is just turning into the cutest little caretaker with Matthew. She shares with him and gets so upset if he cries.

She's been having some trouble waking up early, so we bought a "Ok to Wake, OWL". Now she can't go to sleep without it. Her nighttime routine is getting so structured and I think she loves it more than we do sometimes.  We got her a princess toothbrush and toothpaste, so now that is a MUST, which is awesome.  We read 3 books and we pray. Than after everything she says "can we snuggle and cuddle for a little bit"...........i mean i guess i will :) :)  :)

I never thought I would be praying with my three year old every night. It's not something that I take too seriously or make long or too structured, but it's something that she actually likes to do and it certainly can't hurt anything.

Matthew is my champion though. Bathtime, Book, Bed......LIKE A FREAKIN BOSS! Rarely he will wake up and need a cuddle in the middle of the night, but it's so rare that I actually kind of like it sometimes. Let's not get crazy though.  His nickname is still sticking like glue  - CHEWY!!! I love my little chewables.

The "are they twins" questions have officially started since he is only about 3 inches shorter than Emma now.

Their diets aren't perfect, but they love fruit and green vegetables. Apparently Matthew now has an appetite for almonds as well. all i think is CHOKING HAZARD, but what else is new.

DH and I are working like crazy.  We don't tend to our outside home aesthetics as much as we should, but I'm ok with that being a low priority right now. .Grass is cut, house stays clean (with help) and my kids are happy. Seeing weeds out the window could be worse.

We had our annual beach vacation and Matthew and Emma LOVED IT. We had treats every night and sand and sun every day. They loved the waterpark and it just made me happy to see their smiling faces.

I love writing my blog. I need to do it more. It's a release and it's always nice to reflect on the good times that are flying by so fast.

Until next time..........









No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...