Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pittsburgh Trip

We headed out to Pittsburgh last Thursday for a long weekend.

We stayed at one of my dearest friend's house and it was so much nicer than staying in a hotel.  I don't know how she felt about the complete takeover, but I'd like to think she enjoyed the extra company for a few days since she lives alone.

We decided to try something new and left at 6:30 pm for the 4 - 5 hour trip.  Since Emma sleeps most of the time in the car, we thought this would coincide with her sleeping schedule the best.  She slept the whole way and when we got in around 11:30 pm (because of Squirrel Hill Tunnel Traffic!), she went right to sleep after about 10 minutes of hugs and snuggles. WIN!

Friday DH went in to work (his company is based in Pittsburgh) and my friend Jessica and I went shopping.  We were out from 11:00 am until 4:30 pm when we picked DH up from work.  Emma was such a trooper!  Never really cried until our ride home because she was exhausted.  Then the 3 of us went to dinner at a new pizza place partly owned by Dan Marino - Delicious.

Saturday was Tour de Jour Day! We started at Mount Washington for the obvious tourist pics....











 (notice the Steelers Stadium in the background)

Then we headed to PPG Place downtown so Emma could see the tree.  


We also went to market square to get some Primanti Bros. sandwiches. Can't go to Pittsburgh without getting one of those :)


 We finished off the day at PITT! Our Alma Mater!



We got this same pic above for our engagement pics by Leeann Marie and decided to try for a repeat!  Definite success. :)










Emma got some new gear!



It was bittersweet...... Pittsburgh will always hold a special place in my heart.  I think partly because I spent the 5 funnest years of my life there!  College and then my first year as a professional. We went out all the time and went to great restaurants, was surrounded by most of my best friends and made some great memories.

The ride home took 7.5 hours through a snow storm and to make a long story short, it was awful, but we made it safe and sound!

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...