Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Risky Business

Emma has had her two bottom teeth for a little over a month now.

She is so stinkin cute with her little teeth.  Would you like to know what is not cute though?

Warning! Explicit Language Ahead!

OK, what is not cute is getting your nipple bitten.  It's funny, because every mom talks about it and how much it hurts, but you never REALLY know that pain until it happens to you.  Well it happened to me twice in the past month.

Just recently Emma's two TOP teeth are coming in as well.  Getting bitten with one end of teeth is one thing, but when there are hard teeth on both sides of that bite instead of chewy gums it is a whole different ballgame.

This happened 2 mornings ago, hence since then we have been bottle feeding.

I don't know if I'm totally ready to be 100% done breastfeeding, because it is an amazing feeling and bonding experience with me and Emma, BUT I don't know if I'm ready to risk loosing a nipple either!

Which is a question I may google...has any child completely bitten off a nipple?  Something to think about :)

For now, the bottle is great and she's totally fine with it. She's also doing great with the formula as well for supplementing.

My little baby is getting so big :(

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...