Wednesday, July 17, 2013

First Quarter of Life

I don't think I officially posted "monthly" photos of Emma.  I'm going to try and start doing monthly photos so its a little easier to compare.  I can't believe she is a quarter of a year old already!  Time flies when you're having fun.  Here are months 1 - 3.

1 DAY OLD - 8lb 11oz

1 MONTH OLD - 10 lbs 1 oz

2 MONTHS OLD - 11 lbs 6.5 oz


3 MONTHS OLD - not weighed yet (but she's gotta be at least 12 lbs.)

Finally starting to look at the camera :)

Week #2 of daycare is lightyears easier than Week #1. When I say easier, I mean on me.  She did great her first week and best feeling today was walking in and the teacher right away says "Hello Emma".  It's the little things.  She did have 2 blowouts yesterday.  We've already gone through 3 of the 5 "spare" outfits we took to daycare, hahaha.  At least I know it's not just me!

Yesterday DH took Emma to and from daycare so I could go to field hockey.  I saw her at 7am and didn't see her awake again until 4:30am this morning (she decided to wake a little earlier than normal).  I think she just missed me too much.  It was torture, but I knew she was in good hands with Daddy.  He even does bathtime when I am not there! :)

Emma sleeps at least 9 hours a night now (for about 7 days straight).  I have a VERY VERY GOOD BABY and I know this isn't the "norm".  I'll take it though for as long as I can.  

The next big thing is when we introduce solid foods for Emma.  Best case scenario would be around 6 months.  I know a lot of people start at 4 months, but that just seems very young to me.  I'm not sure what the exact time will be, but for now I think we are doing pretty good.

Until next time......

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...