Thursday, July 11, 2013

100th Post

Today is officially my 100th post!

So many things to talk about.

First and foremost, Emma slept for 10 HOURS LAST NIGHT!  I woke up at 6am and she was still asleep, I didn't know what to do with myself.  My alarm is set for 6:15 for the day and I normally have to wake her up, but that is because she has already gotten up at 3 or 4am for a feeding.  I'm not complaining at all! I'm hoping it's the start of a trend, even though I must say I'm perfectly happy with the 7 - 8 hours she sleeps normally these days.

So today is the last day of her first week of daycare.  I am very happy with everything so far.

Day #1 I called at 10 am and they said she was doing great.  When i picked her up I could tell she had been crying. The teacher said she had just had a blowout and cried when she was getting changed.  Beings that I've been in that exact same situation, I didn't really get that upset.  When I picked her up she felt a little cold and she ended up spitting up all over me within seconds.  Again,  none of this is out of the ordinary, but it wasn't the picture perfect first day pick up. I so appreciate her daily log sheet as I saw when she ate, what she ate, when she slept, how long and how many diapers had been changed.  So it was obvious she was getting hugged and held a good amount, even if just for those times of things that needed to be done. Here is our reunion that I soooooooooooooo needed:




Day #2 I again called at 10 am and they said everything was great again. This is what I saw this time when I came for pick up...

I would say she is adjusting well :)

Today I may not even call at 10am!  

I must say, you think you have great feelings when your baby does certain things, but I have NEVER felt so good and full of excitement/adrenaline than when I walk in that center to pick her up.  It is literally the best feeling in the world.  She definitely gets spoiled and snuggled when she gets home.  DH and I are excited to spend the next 4 days with her.  It's funny to feel like you miss her, but I have to admit that being at work around adults has been nice too.

Pumping at work is going well.  I do it twice a day around 10 am and 3 pm.  Today however I had to pump right when I got to work as I had not drained one side at 3am like I normally do.  I'll still pump at 10 and 3.

This weekend is Emma's baptism.  She'll be wearing the same dress her older cousin Savannah wore and she'll also have the same bonnet Aunt Cheryl wore.  Aunt Cheryl is in heaven now, so it has extra special meaning for us.

I'm excited to have both sides of the family over and to have everyone together.  I'm hoping it all runs smoothly and I would so love a nice day on Sunday so we could take advantage of the backyard.  Since thunderstorms have been happening about about 12 hours for the past month I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.  We are getting Mission BBQ for food and I'm definitely excited about that.  It's delicious and I highly recommend it if there is one by you. 

Here is Emma's Update:

Age: 13 Weeks (tomorrow)
Weight & Height: Don't have exacts, but she has to be at least half a pound heavier and an inch or two longer than her two month.  Next appt. is in August.
Things I enjoy: I still love my play mat.  I love laughing at mommy and daddy when they talk to me.  I love falling asleep in the car and my pacifier. I also love bathtime!  I always smile when mommy pours water on the back of my head, it feels awesome. 
Skills I've mastered: Getting so good at holding my head up.  Also I can fall asleep by myself in my crib really well. 
Looking forward to: Seeing all my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins this weekend.
Tough Times: I'm not a fan of tummy time still, mommy tries, but I just cry the whole time.  
Exciting Events: As all of you know, I started daycare and it's really fun seeing all the other babies all day.
Looking forward to: Getting more into a routine and beach vacation is only 16 days away!!!!!!!!

Here I am:







I think we need more family picks.


No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...