Thursday, January 19, 2017

If I knew then what I know now............

If I knew then what I know now, I would have been way worse :)

If I knew how much kids are supposed to get in trouble and explore and take chances, I would have taken more.

I was an extremely straight edge kid. I got good grades, I was involved in everything, and I think I NEVER broke the rules.

I have no idea what I was so scared of. My sister was bad growing up (really bad) - sorry Brook ;), My brother was even worse, haha. But me, I am not sure what element was missing in my brain but I was a goody two shoes to the MAX!

In college I may have let loose a tiny bit, but still, breaking the rules was not my thing.

If I knew then, what I know now, I would realize how much of it doesn't matter and I should have relaxed.

This popped into my head because as I was sitting eating my soup for lunch, all I could think was, I better get a load of laundry in, I have to clean up the kids room, I still have to shower, I have to get the kitchen cleaned up, what should I do about dinner if I take the kids to the park. Is it too cold for that? Are they bored? and so on, and so forth.

I am always over thinking life. DH will probably be smiling and shaking his head as he reads this. I don't think I definitely have anxiety issues, but there is a pretty good chance. I am always thinking I'm not doing enough or something could be different or better. I have to check the locks in a specific order EVERY NIGHT or else I can't sleep. I don't have OCD, but WTF?

So I have a question. If you are over 40 or your kids are in school, TELL ME! What do you know that I don't. I am specifically saying I will listen and be open to all advice. I think I stress too much about the stupidest things. If you could tell your 32 year old self with a 2 and 3 year old, what would you say?

On another note, tomorrow is date night :) Heading to Wyebrook Farm for dinner and a drink. It's BYOB, which I love from time to time because you bring what you like. It's a self-sustaining farm to table type place. We've been there several times for lunch/brunch and it's never disappointed. I am quite excited for tomorrow. Special outfit and all!!!

Remember when I said Body Pump wasn't for me? Well, I'm officially hooked....UGH!!! So now it's cycle 5 days a week and pump 3 days a week. What next? YOGA? I wish (secretly).

I'm trying hard to make changes in my diet to coincide with my new love of exercise. It's going pretty well, but nothing crazy yet. I did have a ginger shot on Tuesday (loved it) and a wheatgrass shot this morning (YUCK). Eggs have become a welcome addition to my morning green juice (on the side, not in it). I even had two protein shakes one day (1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch) and I did not faint. My biggest hurdle is dessert. I gotta have my cakes/pie/pudding/whateverisonthemenu when it's available. It doesn't help that baking is my therapy. I was actually thinking about baking a 5 layer ombre cake just because they are pretty. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, see what happens when I go down that road?

Last topic of the day - STEELERS! AFC Championship game on Sunday evening. Gonna be tough, but they've pulled through many times before!

Also looking forward to dinner with my youngest nephew on Saturday. My BIL and SIL are stopping over and a date is long overdue! Did I mention my sister in law is pregnant with twins? GIRLS! I am so freaking excited because whenever there is two, there is always one available to hold.

Well, as I see myself going more and more in different directions, I better end it for now.

Until Next Time...........






No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...