Monday, January 9, 2017

Current Happenings

Today I did my first body pump class. Needless to say I am SORE! Not as sore as I'm probably going to be tomorrow, but I could definitely feel it when I was washing my hair in the shower.

Did I love it? NO! I didn't hate it either though.  It all started in cycling class today.  My one instructor that I have on Mondays and Wednesdays always goes and she's been trying to get me to try it. So, today was the day.  In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone in cycle class decided to go together which made it way more fun for me :)

I do like the idea of body pump, but I can't say I'm sold yet.  The thing that wasn't my favorite was the fact I was pretty much just out there on my own.  I probably could have asked for help or gone closer to the front, but showcasing my shortcomings isn't my favorite thing to do. A few of my cycle peeps helped me out in the beginning, which was a huge help! When we were laying down I pretty much just had to do whatever the people next to me were doing, because I couldn't see the instructor and I'm not down with the lingo yet.  At least I could add in a few of my own breaks.

I'll go again, but probably only once a week.  On a side-note it was held in the room I used to do jazzercise with my mom many years ago.  It made me so happy to think of those memories and how ridiculous those dances were.

Cycling still holds my whole heart these days!  I'm currently obsessed with finding workout/cycling tank tops, however I can't bring myself to spend over $20 on one shirt.  Only 6 more months til my birthday, haha

What else, what else...We are heading up to Scranton this weekend for Disney on Ice! I took Emma last year and she LOVED it. I'm extremely excited to take her again and I think Matthew will like it too! It'll be nice to spend a long weekend up north and away from the everyday norms.

I just took Emma to see SING at the Movie Tavern.  I loved the movie and enjoyed the MT because we had plenty of room and she had a place to put her food and drink while we watched the movie instead of in her lap, which normally ends in a spill.





I'm hosting my first "event" for this MOM group I joined this week. I think it'll be fun and hopefully my children behave and share while they are in their own house. Most of the events are crafts for the kids....wanna know what mine is called?  COFFEE and PLAYTIME! HA! Crafts aren't my thing, but coffee I can do! Maybe I can think of something before Thursday. Here is my latest "craft" - it's called "let's wash coins"


 For the record, I did not think of this myself, I read about it. Turned into emma washing 1 quarter, then Matthew just dumped all the coins in the water and splashed around until they both just stood up and walked away soaked.








Well, Steelers are in the playoffs and just dominated the Dolphins for the Wildcard win, so I'm hoping this season continues on for a few more weeks!

Until Next time.........



No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...