Monday, March 16, 2015

Life is Beautiful


Just as pretty at night ;)  Still obsessed with the new house!

So life life life, still crazy crazy crazy, but definitely in the best of ways.  

Impromptu photo shoot with the little ones!  So many things I love about these pics including Emma's belly sticking out! 

She seems to be falling in love with her brother more and more each day.
 

We also had our first babysitting gig with all the cousins.  Emma slept for several hours while they were here, but we still had tons of fun and lots of playtime together.



They got to eat at their little table and Matthew tried to join in the fun a little too.  We played monsters and watched Sleeping Beauty.  We played with dollies and purses and changed tons of diapers together.   Watching those three little girls run around makes my heart melt every time.


I feel like I haven't done an update on Matthew's progress in forever.

Age: 23 Weeks 
Weight & Height: No updates since last appointment, but he's going to his 6 month appt on the 26th!
Things I enjoy: Being held, bathtime, babbling to mommy and daddy and anyone else who wants to talk to me.
Skills I've mastered: I can hold my head up really well during tummy time, I love bouncing in the exersaucer or rolling around in my walker.
Looking forward to:  Sitting up on my own and eating more solids.
Tough Times: Nighttime is still really rough for mommy and daddy and me.  I normally wake up about 3 times every night.  I wake up around 11, aorund 1 or 2 and around 3 or 4 before I wake up around 530 for the day.  Mommy and Daddy are trying everything to make me feel as comfortable as possible.  I'll get there, it'll just take some more time. 
Exciting Events: I am starting to eat oatmeal.  Mommy is going to make me carrots very soon also because I know Emma loved it when she was a baby too. I also went to Red Lobster with Grammy and Poppy and Aunt Brook and Uncle Scott and all my cousins.  I was such a good boy, I loved being around everybody. 
Looking forward to: Well mommy and daddy are finally getting it together and getting my baptized this weekend.  I can't wait to get rid of this original sin!!  I am looking forward to seeing grandma and grandpa and almost all my aunts and uncles :) 

So Matthew still isn't sleeping like a champ.  I think he's getting better every week though and he'll be there in no time.  I still find it fascinating how different my two babies have been growing up in this short span of life they have had.  Emma was already eating solids for weeks by now, but she was still breastfeeding too (TEAR! CRY! SNIFF!)  I feel so guilty seeing that she was still breastfeeding, but there is nothing I can do, the milk is all dried up.  I think solids are coming fast and furious for this little boy.  I am going to be making his food in the beginning just like Emma, but probably use more pre-mades earlier because let's be honest, it's hard with two under 2! 

This reminds me, my princess will be 2 NEXT MONTH!!! WTF!  My baby, my heart, my little girl is turning 2!!! Her theme last year was rainbows and this year it will be animals.  She loves making animal noises and it will be easier to do decorations for a broad theme.  I'm not one to make kids birthday parties a big deal, but we did decide to invite all our cousins who have kids around the same age so Emma would have lots of people to play with.  Should be filled with lots of laughs and cries (me being one of them)!

The house is still a mess, but I'll blame part of it on our washer that came broken and is finally being replaced today!  Oh yeah, right after it gets replaced I'll be right on top of everything.....DEFINITELY... (wink wink)

DH and I have started drinking green juice on a regular basis and I have to admit, it is so much easier to make it knowing that he actually likes it too!  My current recipe is:

Handful of Spinach (about 2 cups)
half a Cucumber
Small Apple
Small Pear
2 Celery Stalks
Some fresh grated Ginger
1 lemon
Water/Crushed Ice

Blend it up and it's delish.

Today I threw some pineapple juice in there as well to mix it up. 

We are going to join the gym tomorrow and start of slow..........real slow.  Hopefully we'll be able to make it at least 2 times a week, which is better than nothing, so no judgements!  Fridays I'm going to hopefully be able to go with the sister as well.  A perk to working from home with your spouse.  I think going to the gym together will be nice and even though we won't talk while we are there I still think the drives there and back will be little escapes and working out always makes you feel good too!

I am excited to get into some kind of routine once everything calms down.  It may take a year and but I look forward to it none the less.  

Working from home is going great and we've had lots of visitors.  My brother and sister-in-law are visiting for dinner on Tuesday which wouldn't have even been possible when we lived in Baltimore, but now it's just a 25 minute drive :)

2015 may have started out the worst year of my life, but it's also helped me to put my life in perspective and get my priorities in a better order.  Nothing beats family and you only live once, so you better enjoy it as much as you can!!!

Until Next time........








No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...