Monday, December 29, 2014

Back to work I go....

So here I am, back at work.........

I am taking a mental break to write this :) I came back to loads of work and I'm definitely happy about that.  It's nice to keep my mind busy rather than wondering how it's going at daycare, even though I am wondering how it's going.

Looking back, I was so sad to send Emma off.  I felt guilt and fear and a lot of unknowns.  It is such a blessing to not feel the same emotions or at least not so much of the same emotions.  Obviously you feel a little sad and scared to leave them for the first time, but I think I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, I really love and trust my daycare.

We had a great night last night and Emma and Matthew slept great.  They both actually had to be woken up for the day.  Mind you, Matthew had been up 2 or 3 times throughout the night, but that's to be expected.

DH and I got the kids dressed and fed, in the car and out the door without any hiccups on Day 1.  I'll take it.  As I drove to daycare I got a tiny bit emotional, but no tears were shed.  My little angels were silent and happy the whole way there.  Emma did a great job carrying in her new lunchbox to school as I carried Matthew, his food, extra snacks, my purse, Emma's cot, etc. :) hahaha.  We had helpers as soon as we walked in take Emma and Matthew and just give me some extra support on my first day.

Emma got settled first and then we got Matthew all out and comfortable before I left.  He's got 5 bottles and 3 extra frozen for school.  I'm curious to see what feeding schedule he chooses, as he eats pretty often at home :)

I walked out of the center with no tears and a smile on my face.  I'm already ready to go and give them both a squeeze, but I have to be honest, I am enjoying the adult interaction and quiet office that comes with going back to work.

I'm sure everything will be great, but a check-in may be in order as well.  :)

Until next time!

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...