Wednesday, August 6, 2014

31 Weeks

How far along? 31 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/measurements: 24Lbs. Was just measured yesterday and honestly I was happily surprised. Since I was just on a week of vacation in OCMD and ice cream was not hard to come by, I was a little worried!
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep: Well, MOnday night was A FREAKING NIGHTMARE, but only because of my first born. (more on that later), but other than that, just the regular 5 - 6 pillows a night.
Best moment this week: Taking Emma to the aquarium.  In the short amount of time since the last time we were there, I really feel like she enjoyed it so much more.  IT was so sweet to watch her staring and waving at the fish.  THe dark shark tunnel scared her just a little, but we didn't mind the extra needed cuddles.

Miss anything? Sushi, italian subs, rolling around on the floor with Emma.
Movement: Loads - HE NEVER STOPSSSSSSSS
Food cravings: sweets!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not right now.
Gender: BOY!
Labour signs: Lots of braxton hicks and some pelvic pressure, but nothing major. 
Symptoms: Lots of heartburn, round ligament pain, just plain tired.
Belly button in or out? Semi popping out.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but tight
Happy or moody most of the time? A bit of both!
Looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery. 

So doctor appointment went well yesterday.  I had a sick 15 month old with me, so the focus wasn't necessarily on new baby, but my first born.  Heard the heartbeat and he was moving around while she was trying to get it.

Still measuring a bit ahead, but everything looks great all in all.

On to Emma Jean...... First she had diarrhea at the beach, now she's constipated, lol.  It's always something!!!!  Monday night DH was away on business and I was up from about 11:30pm on.  Emma woke up every hour screaming and finally at 2am I brought her in bed with me.  It didn't help anything, but at least I didn't have to walk across the top floor to go get her. I assume the screaming was from being constipated, but I don't really know.  Could be mouth pain from teething.  Last night DH slept in the guest room with the monitor so I could get some sleep.  HE let her cry it out a little bit more and she seemed to get herself back to sleep every time.  She still woke up 4 - 5 times, but at least she went back to bed.  So part of me wonders, is she crying now because I went and got her every time?  again, who the heck knows?  When I stayed home with her yesterday she was very temperamental.  Screaming bloody murder or happy.  Didn't eat too much, but she did eat and had lots of water.  Her fever was still there yesterday, but seemed to be gone this morning.  Also two kids in her classroom have hand,foot,mouth disease, which apparently is going around.  Emma is coughing a little, so maybe she has a sore throat.  No rash or blisters though, so again. WHO THE HECK KNOWS????? We have a doctor appt. scheduled for today, because for all we know, she could have an ear infection and that is why she is crying, but daycare is monitoring her and if she's better than we'll cancel and chalk it up to teething, if not, to the doctor we will go for the 364,754,397 time this year.  Sometimes I wonder if the doctor thinks I'm a hypochondriac, because I'm calling or bringing her in all the time, but I'm sure that's what all new parents do. Let's just keep our fingers crossed things keep getting better and don't get worse. 

Until next time............


No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...