Tuesday, January 20, 2015

OPPOSITES





I don't know if you can tell by the pics, but Matthew seems to be absolutely LOVING daycare!  I'm also loving the fact that he has adjusted well.

Why do I title this opposites?

Because when Emma was 15 weeks old, she was sleeping for 9-10 hours a night and Matthew is 16 weeks old and only sleeping 6 hours. Those 3 hours are NECESSARY for my sanity!!!!

Matthew is about double the size Emma used to be and I just wonder if breastmilk before bed is ever going to fill him up.  It's a constant struggle I have.  I want him to be able to get a full night of sleep because I know he needs it and honestly, I NEED IT TOOOOOOOo!!! :)

Last night I got up at 3am to a lovely BLOWOUT, through his clothes, through his sleep sack and all over the bed.  ugh!  

Is it bad I wish he would learn to suck his thumb like Emma did so he could maybe comfort himself back to sleep?  He can't figure out how to get that sucker in there and normally ends up gagging himself. (which I must admit can be amusing).  He also doesn't love to pacifier to be honest.  He's not an oral fixation kind of baby.  DARN IT!  :)

I will say he does normally at least go down pretty easy at the beginning of the night.  We've got bedtime routine down pretty good where we start between 7 - 8 (depending on how Emma is doing) and someone bathes Emma and after she gets out and gets ready for bed the other bathes Matthew.  After Emma's bath we do teeth brushing, which she doesn't hate anymore, hair brushing, lotioning (which she does hate) and then we lay in her "reading corner" and read at least 3 books. Then we turn out the light and watch her night light puppy buddy light the room for a few minutes and in to bed we go.  Normally this works like a charm 95% of the time.

Matthew then gets a bath, lotions, bottle/breast then bed around 830.  You try to put him down earlier and it doesn't really work. 

Here is Emma and Savannah enjoying a delicious Popsicle from Grammy. 

I love this pic :)


 Grammy and Matthew

Savy loves her cousin!!!!!!!!


So, lots of things going on in life these days.  Did I mention we're MOVING! TO ANOTHER STATE!!! PA that is.  Back to my hometown area.  I'm so very excited.  We've found our dream house and we'll be so close to my family and closer to DH's family as well.  Bye Bye 6 hour carrides home from the in-laws!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is right in the middle of happening so it's extremely stressful. (buying our house, mortgage papers, selling our house, open houses) THE WORST!  But, I know everything will work out and it'll be perfect.

Matthew's 4 month appt. is next Friday so we'll update the Buddha's height and weight if they even come up on the baby scales ;)

No comments:

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 Weeks and 2 days Total weight gain: 16 lbs at my last appt about a week ago. With matthew I had gained 23 lbs at this poin...